Computer Tips Sample
Question: How do I change my system sounds?
Answer: Let's face it, Bobalooey, after hearing the same old sounds for the gazillionth time they can get old. You can change the sounds your computer makes for various events.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Double-click the Sounds icon.
- Select the Sounds tab, if necessary.
- Select the sound event you want to change.
How's all that sound to you?
- You can play the sound associated with a sound event by highlighting the event and clicking the right-pointing arrow.
- Click the drop-down menu to pick a new sound in your Media folder, or...
- Click the Browse button to pick a sound from another folder on your computer.
- The sound you pick must be a wave file.
- Some events have no sound associated with them. There will be a little speaker icon next to events that do have a sound associated with them.
- You can also add a sound to events that currently have no sound associated with them. Just click the event and choose a sound as you would change a sound.
As a member, you'd have access to over 100 computer tips like this. Good, useful tips are like having an experienced friend sitting beside you to give you helpful pointers.